[Chicago-talk] This Old Module

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 11 17:57:36 CDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:41:52 -0500, Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:
> I have a "yes, please" from both Graham and Sean.  So should we do
> HTML::Tree or Scalar::List::Utils?  They're both ~50 on the list.

Scalar-List-Utils is much more straightforward from the standpoint of
being organized as a small set of easily pass-failable functions with
well-defined expectations.  It might be more desireable if people are
getting up to speed on basic testing principles, etc.

HTML::Tree is much more complex, and might lend itself to some
educational insights into testing large hairy modules.  For that, and
for the fact that I use it but not SLU, I'd put my vote on it.

However, we *might* be able to roll up a complete suite for SLU within
a meeting's time...  perhaps we should start there and consider moving
to H::Tree?

--
Greg Fast
http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/