[Chicago-talk] WWW::Mechanize

Richard Solberg flateyjarbok at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 21:52:12 CST 2004

Andy,
Thanks for the help.  I have some more questions and
comments below.

Richard

--- Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:
> > Does this get me to the page after the form submit
> or
> > do I still need to press submit?
> >
> > $m->submit_form(
> > form_number => 1,
> > fields => {
> > 	user_id       => "user",
> > 	password      => "pw",
> > 	   },
> > );
>
> submit_form() actually does the submit.

Okay.  Thx.

> > Also when I am at a page on a web site
> > are there commands in mechanize to show me:
>
> You can call $mech->forms() to get a list of the
> forms.

I have this working now to get the number of forms.
Thx.

 Mech also
> installs (optionally) a tool called mech-dump that
> shows you all the
> forms and fields on the page.

I am not sure if that is installed.  Would it be
inside Mechanize.pm that I can search for, or
something stand alone like mech-dump.pm ?

> $ mech-dump http://use.perl.org/
> GET http://use.perl.org/search.pl
>   query=
>   <NONAME>= Go                    (submit)

Not sure how to use
 $ mech-dump http://use.perl.org/

Is that like "my $VAR = mech-dump($url);"

Where can I read more about it?  I looked at
mech-dump.t but I don't see how to execute mech-dump
in that code.

> xoa
>
> --
> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com