[Chicago-talk] next meeting (mon => tues?)

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Tue Sep 9 11:13:09 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Ed Summers wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:52:10AM -0500, Mike Fragassi wrote:

> Alas, Kesa (wife) has class Wednesdays too...

Is the Monday/Wednesday schedule really fixed for the next 2 years?

> > Is there any reason why weekend afternoons have never been up for
> > consideration?  Besides the beer factor?  Finding venues should be much
> > easier.

> You know, the weekend is not a bad idea at all. Did you have any
> particular venue in mind?  There is no reason why we can't have social
> and tech meetings.

Nothing in particular, although LinuxFest at CoD did come to mind.  But
everything should be easier to obtain during daylight: rooms in libraries.
Restaurants, bars -- assuming Coogan's doesn't just close up all weekend,
it should be viable on a Saturday afternoon.  Hey, with a set of long
extension cords we could gather at shelters in a forest preserve.

> I've spoken with Richard Jardine offline about potential space at
> Allstate in the Western Suburbs. Perhaps we could have occasional tech
> meetings there?

Where exactly is that?

-- Mike F.