[Chicago-talk] writing a log with Cron, Daemons, Perl

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Mon Sep 8 12:55:34 CDT 2003

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 12:59  PM, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Ok, sorry for the delay,  I got a chance to try changing STDERR.
> Seems to
> work, the only problem is Net::Server::Daemonize closes all the STD
> filehandles and points them a /dev/null.
>
> How do I point STDOUT at the screen after it's been pointed at
> /dev/null?

I'm not certain this will work, but you might try open /dev/stdout

Having said that though, why are you trying to send something to
STDOUT? Daemon's aren't supposed to do that, that's why they close
them. And you are already writting your debugging to a log via STDERR,
so what do you need STDOUT for?

--
Paul Baker

          -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759