[Chicago-talk] Bye bye Coogan's

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 27 11:25:19 CST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:14:43 -0600, jason gessner <jason at multiply.org> wrote:
> If someone needs to come in, though, on Metra, we should arrange for
> some carpooling.  I will be driving in to the meeting, so if we
> coordinate it, I could probably give 2 people a ride from the train
> station.
>
> On Oct 27, 2003, at 7:00 AM, JT Smith wrote:
>
> > The closest Metra station is about 2 miles away, so you can't really
> > take it unless you can arrange for someone to pick you up. It is the
> > North Central Line (http://metrarail.com/Sched/ncs/ncs.html).
> > One other point of interest is that there are no taxi companies in
> > Vernon Hills because it's mostly a soccer mom community. What this all
> > means is that there is virtually no public transportation in VH.

Metra's NCS schedule is terrible, having about 5 trains each way per
day.  In particular there's no inbound train after 4pm, so people
coming out from the Loop would get stranded.

It looks like taking the Milwaukee N out to Lake Forest, and then
taking the Pace bus out to VH might work.  There appears to be a Pace
route along Fairway Dr (#575?).

--
Greg Fast
http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/