[Chicago-talk] Bye bye Coogan's

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Thu Oct 23 10:37:28 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:20:19AM -0500, JT Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure it is even interesting to anyone, and it certainly isn't
> architecturally significant, but I wrote a pretty popular content
> management system called WebGUI (www.plainblack.com/webgui) entirely in
> Perl.

By all means this sounds really interesting. I don't know if it would
be feasible (or if you are allowed to discuss internals) but it would be cool
to hear:

- a view from 1000 feet of the Perl architecture (OOP?, CPAN modules used, etc)
- features you'are particularly proud of, which distinguish WebGUI from its
  competition.
- how you bundle your product for distribution (sale)

Thanks for stepping up to the plate (erm Pit) :) We should come up with a
schedule of talks, and put it up on the website [1]

//Ed

[1] http://chicago.pm.org