[Chicago-talk] Dec Tech mtg...

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Fri Nov 28 15:40:44 CST 2003

-- Mike Fragassi <frag at ripco.com>

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Steven Lembark wrote:
>
>>  - For people who don't: why not? What would you want to
>>    know in order to use it?
>
> Here's the thing that gets me...using the debugger on CGI scripts,
> in concert with using WWW::Mechanize test scripts.
>
> I've resigned myself to just printing Data::Dumper::Dumper($foo) all over
> my error_log, but that's ugly as all hell; I assume that I'm Missing
> Something Obvious.

You can set actions for the same lines in the debugger,
saves you from having to modify the code in order to get
the output. If you want to debug the stuff w/in Apache
there is a perl debugger for mod_perl that can be used to
watch the CGI code being processed. You could also debug
the CGI from the command line. There are wrapper's that
will set the appropriate environment var's and open up
stdin for the CGI.

                                            +1 888 359 3508