[Chicago-talk] Dec Tech mtg...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Nov 26 01:47:09 CST 2003

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com> writes:

Steven>  - For people who don't: why not? What would you want to
Steven>    know in order to use it?

I try not to put bugs in in the first place.

When I code, I write a few lines, and run it.  I write a few more
lines, and run that.  If anything ever breaks, it's in the last few
lines I added.

If I need to "debug" anything, I just keep adding print until it works.
Sometimes, I use Data::Dumper or YAML.

For larger things, I've been using "test-first" methodology.  Still no
need to ever go more than a few lines of code before running the tests
again though.

But a debugger?  Wouldn't know how to use it.  Wouldn't care for one.
Don't really understand those who need them, either.