[Chicago-talk] "I don't have permission to install a moduleonthesystem!"

petemar1 petemar1 at perlmonk.org
Sat Dec 27 19:01:15 CST 2003

Never mind that: gotit. Now this:

    $ perl -MCPAN -e shell;

    Your configuration suggests "/var/perl/cpan" as your CPAN.pm working
directory. I could not create this directory due to this error: mkdir
/var/perl: Permission denied at /opt/perl/perl-5.8.0/lib/5.8.0/CPAN.pm line
530

    Please make sure the directory exists and is writable.

I've sent an install request for FindBin::libs to the sysadmin.