[Charlotte.PM] January 20th Meeting

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Jan 17 09:50:26 PST 2005

Charlotte Perl Mongers

  Happy 2005! In keeping with the spirit of the New Year, this month's meeting
  will resolve to clean up your code. Since noone has requested a code review,
  we will look at some tips for doing code reviews and create our own
  checklist. If time permits, we'll use this list to look at one of the
  Phalanx 100 modules[1].

  Bring your meeting ideas for the coming year. Some examples include
  introduction to concurrent versions system (CVS), testing and test-driven
  development, debugging perl, and GUI Perl (Perl/Tk & Gtk-Perl). We'll vote on
  the favorites.

  Also, we're still looking for alternate meeting locations which include free
  parking, proximity to UNCC and meeting space with a projector or large
  monitor.

  Finally, the Perl mongers websites were moved to a new host last week. I'm
  still awaiting instructions for updating the site.

        See you at the meeting,
        William McKee

  Meeting Topic: Code Club

  Meeting Date and Times:

    >> Thursday, January 20th

    * General Meeting - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

    * Discussion/Networking - 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM

  Next Meeting: Thursday, February 17th ~ Topic to be announced

  Meeting Location: Jackson's Java, University Blvd. near UNCC
       see the link at http://charlotte.pm.org for a map

[1] http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/distros.html

--
Knowmad Services Inc.