[Charlotte-pm] Is there an Ansible solution to this deployment process?

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Aug 26 04:17:25 PDT 2021

Hey Perl Mongers,

Thanks for your input on helping me solve my deployment problem to a
multi-tenant Dancer app. Here are the steps that I shared in the Zoom call
last night:

5. Login to server as a user with sudo privs and cd to the sites directory
(e.g., `cd /home/dancer/cv/sites/SITEURL`)
6. Setup the service to start/stop the service
  1. `sudo cp bin/cv-SITENAME.service /etc/systemd/system/`
  2. `sudo chmod 644 /etc/systemd/system/cv-SITENAME.service`
  3. `sudo systemctl enable cv-SITENAME.service --now`
  4. `sudo systemctl status cv-SITENAME.service`
7. Setup nginx
  1. Copy the nginx.conf config file `sudo cp
environments/SITENAME-nginx.conf /etc/nginx/sites-enabled` directory
  2. Restart nginx (`sudo service nginx reload`)
8. Setup SSL
  1. Run `sudo certbot --nginx` and choose the new domain to setup (use the
non www domain)
  2. Choose to redirect the HTTP traffic to HTTPS
  3. *Do* run the configuration test at ssllabs.com (look for link in
output from command)

Is this an easy problem for Ansible? The `sudo` and certbot parts are where
I see the challenges.

For certbot, I've been using the "wizard" configurator in certbot and
imagine there's a way to pass in all the settings that are needed on the
command line.
Running the test on ssllabs.com is something that I can do manually so long
as I get back the link from Ansible output.

Thanks for your suggestions!
William

--
William McKee
Managing Partner at Knowmad Digital Marketing

P 704.343.9330 Ext. 803 <704.343.9330>* ­*M (704) 737-6596‬* ­*E
william at knowmad.com* ­*W http://www.knowmad.com/
<http://www.knowmad.com/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>*
­*
[image: facebook]