[CMI.PM] [Fwd: [pm_groups] Perl Monger t-shirts! I'm gatheringorders now.]

Milt Epstein mepstein at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:12:29 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Price, Bob wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Perhaps this shirt mailing is a good opportunity to spark interest
> in a meeting again.
>
> (for the rest of you, Dan suggested we have a meeting when I waved
> him down in the freedom celebration parade on the 4th ;)
>
> I'd be interested in a shirt, maybe a meeting to take orders?
[ ... ]

Another possible meeting topic: Recently I discovered the book Perl
Best Practices, by Damian Conway, and it looks quite good -- at least,
from the sample chapter available from the book's web site :-):

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlbp/

Here's another sampling of the book:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/07/14/bestpractices.html

And for those at the University, you should be able to access the
entire book through Safari.

The book consists of a set of "best practices"
recommendations/guidelines.  Perhaps we could discuss the
recommendations made in one or both of the above sections of the book.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein at uiuc.edu