[CMI.PM] get function name?

Jay A. Kreibich jak at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 21 10:52:26 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:01:17AM -0500, Daniel S. Lewart scratched on the wall:
> >  Anyone know if there is a way to get the current function name?  For
> >  example:
>
> Yes; see (the suboptimally documented)...

  In other words, like most of Perl.

> 					...caller function:
> 	http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/caller.html

  Perfect.

  Of course, the index of _Programming Perl_ would have never gotten
  me there, nor is this mentioned in the Autoloading section (despite
  it being very similar to some of the magic AUTOLOAD methods do),
  but I guess that's why this list is here.

   -j

--
                     Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
                        jak at uiuc.edu | Campus IT & Edu Svcs