[CMI.PM] Re: Meeting Tue Oct 21 19:00 @ Manzella's in Champaign

Mark S. Zinzow markz at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 21 12:16:34 CDT 2003

Here are a few URL's I'd like to discuss tonight:

Non-perl:
http://www.deceptiondollar.com/  (the truth is out there!)

http://www.thechallengeofcontact.com/ (hope, or fun!)

http://allelectronics.com/ (next vendor for bulk order)

Linux related:

http://www.cites.uiuc.edu/news/
"list of on-campus Linux distributions will be maintained at
http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/lag/uimirror.html " [broken]
 (Could you give the RO office a ring?  Maybe they have
  Warren's form you could just sign?)

Linux campus mirrors:
http://lag.assembly.uiuc.edu/board/viewtopic.php?p=3#3

Nearby fast distro & Kernel mirror, no cpan tho:
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/kernel/
rsync://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/kernel/

Really Perl related:

http://safari.oreilly.com/
 Only has the 1st and Perl Cookbook, 2nd Edition online.
 Interesting javascript wrapping books to prevent wget (which
 is also prohibited in the license agreement).
 http://safari.oreilly.com/JVXSL.asp?mode=FAQ

My perl questions of the day:

1) Are there any easy ways to grab text under windows from other
   application windows in perl?  (Like a screen scraper?)

2) Anyone know of perl scripts for mirroring like wget, but with
   hooks to use regular expressions to only get the most recent or
   other key files instead of everything?

"Daniel S. Lewart" writes