[CMI.PM] Getopt::Long UPPERCASING EVERYTHING (fwd)

Daniel S. Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 16 12:47:31 CDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu -----

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 10:54:48 -0500
To: CU Perlmongers <champaign-urbana at mail.pm.org>
From: Mitch Kutzko <mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Getopt::Long UPPERCASING EVERYTHING

Hi, folks -- Looking for a little help with module Getopt::Long.

I have it working fine in a script to processing command line/config file
options, but if I supply text to it via the config file option, it
uppercases the entire string.

Is there a way to tell it to just hand me the string as it was entered? I'm
already using

	Getopt::Long::Configure ("bundling");   # Allow long and short args both

To handle both long and short arguments, but couldn't find an option that
handles case.

Thanks!

Mitch
--