[CMI.PM] Perl Debugger and finding CPU Usage

Mitch Kutzko mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:33:50 CST 2003

Hi, folks -- I have a question about the Perl debugger, which I've
essentially never actually used.

How do I go about using it to find out where CPU usage is occurring?  I've
got a very large, very complex script that's soaking up *way* too much CPU
(but not leaking memory -- already checked for that) for what it's doing,
but I can't figure out where/how it's happening.

Any ideas on how to get the debugger to show me where all the CPU is going?

Mitch
--
Mitch Kutzko | mitch at dast.nlanr.net | mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu | 217-333-1199
http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/