[CMI.PM] perl + soap + apache = web services?

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 1 11:21:10 CDT 2003

Ow ow ow!

I was a founding member of CMI.PM (;-)), but nowadays I mainly just use
Perl for my thesis research and occasionaly sysadmin tasks.  Sadly, I
haven't really used Perl full-time on a job for three years.  I almost
had to take up Python(!) when an (ex!)co-worker decided it was the
scripting language for him.

I hope to make a CMI.PM visit sometime when I'm less busy.  Maybe we
can talk about Perl6 over some Del's!

Arun

Bob Price writes:
> Dan,
>
> Shouldn't it be mandatory to at least come to one meeting a year in
> order to be able to post to this mailing list? ;)

> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 09:13, Arun Bhalla wrote:
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > While I've been using .NET (C#) almost exclusively at work, I used
> > SOAP::Lite to write a client that used the Google API.  I know it's
> > pretty easy to write a client if you have the WSDL.  I haven't used
> > SOAP::Lite for a server, but I wouldn't mind being forced to learn
> > more about it.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Arun
> >

> > Ed Thomson writes:
> > > Hi-
> > >
> > > Has anybody done anything with SOAP and Perl?  I'm looking at using the
> > > Soap::Lite module, and had some questions about usability and interaction
> > > with the Microsoft .NET framework...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Ed

> > --
> > Arun Bhalla
> --
> Bob Price
> Information Services - Programmer Analyst
> ATTORNEYS' TITLE GUARANTY FUND, INC.
> 217.359.2042 § 800.252.5206, ext. 142

Arun Bhalla