[Cedarvalley] Perl Impossibility?

Aaron Thompson thompson at cns.uni.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:36:44 CST 2004

Steve,

I don't know if this will help - its a little UNIX-centric. Its
from a password updating script I wrote a while back.

    --<snip>--

    print "enter your CNS Password: ";
    system("stty -echo");
      chomp($passwd = <>);
    system("stty echo");
    print "\nVerifying user ... \n";

    ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($pamsvc, $uname, \&MyConvFunc)) ||
      die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!";

    $res = $pamh->pam_set_item(PAM_TTY(), $tty_name);
    $res = $pamh->pam_authenticate;

    while(!($res == PAM_SUCCESS()) ){
      if($tryCount < $MAXTRY){
        print " failed.\n";