[Cascavel-pm] Uso de threads

Nelson C. T. Ferraz nferraz em phperl.com
Quinta Julho 22 13:51:46 CDT 2004

>>Cuidado!!! Foi assim que o Linus Torvalds começou o Linux! :)
>
>   Boa piada.
>   Mas na verdade, ele estava tentando implementar o sistema operacional
> Minix, descrito no livro "The Minix Operating System", referenciado no
> outro email que acabo de postar para a lista.

Segue um trecho do livro "Just for Fun", auto-biografia de Linus Torvalds:

"My earliest test program was written to use one thread to write the
letter A to the screen. The other thread wrote the letter B. (I know, it
sounds unimpressive.) (...)

So ultimatelly I was able to change the two threads, the AAAAAAAA and
BBBBBBBB, so that one read from the modem and wrote to the screen, and
the other read from the keyboard and wrote to the modem. I had my own
terminal emulation program. (...)

That's how Linux got started. With my test programs turning into a
terminal emulation package".

[]s

Nelson

--