[Canberra-pm] join the cause

Michael Potter megamic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:08:19 PST 2008

Dear Canberra Perl Mongers,

I usually wouldn't even dream of using this mailing list as a forum for
political posturing, however I believe this is an issue that interests all
computer and internet users out there, and I am making the bold assumption
that this includes all Canberra.PM members. In my view, allowing the
government to exert the power to censor the internet, based on whatever the
current minister considers 'unwanted' is an affront to free-speech,
democracy, and downright frightening.

Getup have 55,000 signatures on their petition:

                Senator Conroy,

                I don't want draconian government restrictions
                on the internet that will hold back the digital economy
                and miss the vast majority of unwanted content."

Add your signature at this link:

                http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet

Tell your friends

MP