[Canberra-pm] Impromptu get together - 19th May 2005

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun May 15 17:32:25 PDT 2005

G'day everyone and Andrew in particular,

According to http://www.miettas.com/restaurants/guide2002/act/bernadettes411502.html

Bernadette's Cafe & Restaurant is located at Shops 5 & 6 Wakefield Gardens,
Ainslie and are open until 10pm.  They have a private function room which fits
20 people and so should be perfect for a meeting.

May I propose meeting at the restaurant at 7pm?   Andrew can you make the booking?

If you're on this list lurking and think you'd like to meet up with Paul, I and
everyone else, please reply to give Andrew an idea of numbers.  If we get less
than 5 people there isn't much point in booking the function room.

We're intending to invite our course attendees so they can meet the other
Canberra Perl Mongers.  I'll try to have an idea of numbers on Wednesday afternoon.

If you have anything in particular you'd like to see a demonstration about feel
free to mention it.  Ready made demonstrations include:
	* Perl Security issues ( tricks and traps )
	* Safely opening files
	* Using taint wisely
	* Whirlwind Web Development
	* Class::DBI (or how to write less code)
	* Doing Stupid Things in Perl
	* Proc::UID
	* Lightning Ties
	* The coolness that is DBD::Proxy

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

All the very best,

      Jacinta

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |