[Canberra-pm] Introductions

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Thu Aug 5 01:47:32 CDT 2004

Jepri wrote:
> Hey all,
>  I'm going to follow the trend and do an intro too :)

Yay!

> Like Andrew and Paul, I'm a SAGE-AU member, but I'm afraid I'll be
> missing Paul's talk to go to a sysadmin one instead.  Actually that's my
> cover story.  In reality, I'll be in the cafe, trying to alter Paul's
> slides halfway through his presentation ;)

Oh good.  Let me know how it goes.  ;)  I'll be coming up on Wednesday
afternoon.

> I hope to go to OSDC, where I expect that I'll have to be forceably
> restrained from giving too many lightening talks.  (We are doing
> lightening talks, right guys?)

We originally included lightning talks in our call for papers.  But due
to enthusiasm from the committee we've decided to open the opportunity
for lots more.  I"m not quite sure how we're handling the extra spots,
but you will probably be invited to submit ideas for lightning talks at
some point.  ;)

I think we have "spots" for 15 or so more lightning talks.  We've
invited people who have had talks turned down to submit lightning talks
but I'm sure the invite will be reopened to all.

It's an organised lot of lightning talks I'm afraid.  ;)  Must be the
control freak in me coming out.

All the best,

        Jacinta

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |