[Canberra-pm] Re: Starting meetings

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sun Oct 27 05:05:41 CST 2002

Eeek.  It looks like my other mail (the one I was speaking of) didn't
make it off the ground.  I was saying that all these topics look pretty
good, and wondering who was going to give them.

I've got one or two talks I could do, but I can guarantee that you'll
get sick of my voice pretty fast.

It's interesting that there are people here developing for perl as well
as using it.  I'm not good enough at C or XS to do that, or even talk
about it.  Maybe Iain could tell us how to make basic wrappers for C
libraries?

I'd like to have some people do some 'lightening talks' about what they
do with perl.  Lightening talks are little five minute talks that you
finish before you have time to get scared or run out of things to say.

The one liners sound good, but what does this one do?

perl -e"@_=a..z.~0"

It looks like 'fill a..z and concatenate with the binary something
operator on zero'?  tye is a pretty scary coder.