[Canberra-pm] Re: Starting meetings

Iain 'Spoon' Truskett iain-pm at dellah.org
Mon Oct 21 23:39:25 CDT 2002

* Jeremy (jepri at webone.com.au) [27 Sep 2002 14:01]:

> *  Would you come to a meeting at all?

Yes.

> *  What kind of meeting?

Both ideally. Perhaps start with a few technical ones so the shy people
can be drawn in (like myself =) ).

If people want technical meetings, what would they like to see and hear?

Fun uses of LWP? Masterful regexen? 101 ways to core dump perl with your
XS? Writing elegant/idiomatic Perl? Infiltrating your work place with
Perl? Using Perl to automate your development? Using Perl to answer your
email? Perl vs Python? Perl vs PHP? mod_perl vs PHP? mod_perl and how it
can change your life.

etc.

> *  What would you be interested in seeing on the mailing list?

> I can pass around tips, tricks, perl news, notice of events... or we
> can make the list a traditional Q&A resource.

Not sure. At the very least notice of events. Tips and tricks can be
fun.

See also: http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/14/1454253

(A Quiz of the Week thing; we could have our own discussions on them,
compare code and such before the solutions come out etc)

> *  Which bits of perl are you interested in?

Every bit. Primarily, getting to know as much of it as possible.
(I'd just like to recommend Simon Cozens and Tim Jenness's book
"Extending and Embedding Perl"; it's quite nice.)

cheers,
--
Iain.