[Canberra-pm] Starting meetings

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Wed Oct 2 09:02:32 CDT 2002

On 2002.10.02 03:53 Alex Satrapa wrote:

> Perhaps hold meetings as an adjunct to the CLUG meetings, eg present
> something about running mod_perl under Apache to the CLUG group, with
> Perl people invited too?  Already plenty of people there, some of
> whom may be interested in the Perl stuff.

I thought of that, but starting Perl meetings at the CLUG would be
making a statement that I favoured Linux users over other Perl
programmers.

We are definately operating system neutral, and one of our secret
missions is to get everyone enjoying perl, regardless of OS
preference.  So until we are big enough to do 'PerlMongers and CLUG
present... extreme perl programming', I will be avoiding combined
events.

Speaking of OS preferences, is anyone using Perl on MacOS?  I'm up for
a new laptop and I'm tempted to try the Mac thing.