[Buffalo-pm] meetings

keith tarbell ikeith at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 31 17:53:12 PDT 2011

Dan recently suggested (in an email I already deleted) that we meet quarterly.  I can understand his point, since that is about how often we effectively meet.  But if we didn't TRY to meet monthly, would we even meet quarterly??

Then again I can understand that he's been carrying most of the load on presentations to the four of us that actually show up (or even contribute to this list).

Not sure there's much compooting goin' on in the swamps of Amherst these days (is there even a Computer Science department there anymore?), but now that Buffalo Lab is on Main Street, with convenient rail access, there's no reason students and presenters from uB, Canisius, and other local colleges can't make to a meeting, and even contribute something!  Or are we all sitting on our butts collecting the unemployment dole?

How about a Lightning Talk session? Fourth Tuesday in April (that's the 26th, according to my paper-based calendar, that I can access faster than on a Schmartiefone).  Lightning talk, look it up, it's the perl-ish thing to do.

Buffalo Lab, it's real, it's open, we got space, we got chairs and the new projector has arrived!
</keith>