[Brisbane-pm] Looking for a Perl Monger

Martin Jacobs martin_jacobs at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 22 22:21:22 PST 2007

Hi Perl Mongers,

I am looking for some help with a private project of mine. What I
really need is to be able to sit down with a Perl person and nut out
some basic coding issues. I don't expect to have someone else write
the code and/or debug it, but I need to learn Perl and I can do it
much faster if I can talk to a real live person instead of stumbling
around on the net.

I am an engineer (not a code-writer) working in Brisbane. I have
started an initiative to write an open-source program called PERRMOSS
because the programs and tools that we currently use in my discipline
are rubbish. What this means is that the tools that local Governments
are using to assess environmental impact are failing. You can read
about PERRMOSS here.

The thing is, I know the engineering theory, but I'm very new to
Perl. I have managed to get started (thanks to a mate in UK), but I
need to find some local help. If you can spare some time to help,
please email me.

I should also add that I don't expect to get paid for this, so any
contribution that anyone makes to this initiative will be entirely
voluntary. What I can offer you is some Kudos for helping to sort out
the environment of our creeks and rivers.

Regards,
Martin Jacobs
Visit my website...
http://web.mac.com/martin_jacobs1