[Brisbane-pm] Double-click to launch Perl program in Mac OSX

Martin Jacobs martin_jacobs at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 1 15:07:00 PST 2007

Hi folks,

How do I execute/launch a Perl program in Mac OSX with a double-click?

I'm developing a program called PERRMOSS.pl and it runs fine on WinXP
and MacOSX.

In WinXP I have told WinXP to open .pl files with Perl.exe through
windows explorer. Now, when I double-click on PERRMOSS.pl, it
executes the program as it should.

MacOSX has a similar 'open with' protocol. The problem is that I cant
find 'Perl' as a file or folder anywhere in Finder - the Mac
equivalent of windows explorer (probably because MacOSX ships with
Perl and it is embedded somewhere in the system).

Up to now I have been launching PERRMOSS.pl from the command prompt
in Terminal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Martin