[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Damian James djames at thehub.com.au
Wed Aug 4 01:06:40 CDT 2004

Hey all,

I'm a sysadmin of about ten years, been using Perl as the major focus
of what I do for the last 4 years or so. Apart from being a
network-infrastructure-and-security-oriented sysadmin, I develop and
maintain a web based system for managing ethics and safety approvals in
a large research organisation, though we are currently engaged in
discussions that will probably make that large organisations. Perl
makes the bits that have to talk to everything. Perl is everywhere. If
there were a perl shell, I'd be using it. I practically do already,
with one liners and all.

And in perl forums, I will always be "the other Damian". Hard to live
that down, really.

Oh, and I met Randal first time at the sage-au conf in adelaide a few
years back, no karaoke but I seem to recall he did dance on a table at
the conference dinner. Then there were all the rubber glove jokes...

Ha, knew I could find it:
http://groups.google.com/
groups?selm=m11yotsqhh.fsf%40halfdome.holdit.com

Cheers,
Damian