[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Aug 3 01:56:36 CDT 2004

Hi Everyone!  My name's Paul, and I program in Perl.  ;)  I have about
10 years experience.

I don't live in Brisbane, but I have been there to teach Perl to the
Brisbane City Council, and I will be heading back in a couple of weeks
time for the SAGE-AU conference (http://www.sage-au.org.au/), where I'm
presenting a full-day tutorial on Perl Security.

I work with Jacinta at Perl Training Australia
(http://perltraining.com.au/).  I also help run Melbourne Perl Mongers
(http://melbourne.pm.org), I'm treasurer for OSDC
(http://www.osdc.com.au/), and I'm an infrequent contributor to P5P.
See http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3385381 for a brief
moment of fame recently.

I've had a few articles published in The Perl Journal back when I had
more free time, and have a few more articles coming up for perl.com now
that I don't.  I'm seen infrequently on perlmonks.

Between my many projects I'm working on Proc::UID, to implement a
consistent and reliable way of manipulating Unix privileges in a
cross-platform fashion.

When I'm avoiding work I do silly things with HTML::Mason, such as
http://hotornot.perltraining.com.au/ .

I could easily be convinced to give a talk at Brisbane.PM while I'm in
town for the SAGE-AU conference between the 16th and 20th of August.

All the very best,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/