[Brazosvalley-pm] First meeting

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Mon May 8 15:42:26 PDT 2006

I'm not sure what the headcount will be for the first get together next
Monday (5/10), but I'll want to talk about ideas people have for the
group.  Being more of a 'social meeting' atmosphere, I'm not sure how
much 'getting down to business' we'll actually get done, but the main
thing I want to cover is technical meetings.  It's something that can be
covered on the list, so it's not that big of a deal, but I want to try
to work out a recurring date/time and get an idea for some technical
topics.

I know that once we get fairly active, we can start trying to bring in a
'big name' or moderately big name here and there.  One of the companies
I did contract work for know Allison Randal and said that when she's in
the area or doing some work for them, they can let me know and we can
see about getting her to address the group.

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, code samples,
shortcuts, ideas, thoughts, or whatever to the list.  Is anyone planning
on going to YAPC::NA this year?  I'm going to try.  It looks like my
only obstacle so far is travel.  My wife and daughter would more than
likely be going with me, so I just need to figure out how a 1-year-old
will do with the trip. :-)

Jeremy

Jeremy Fluhmann
Programmer/Analyst
Memorial Student Center
Texas A&M University
979-845-8893
jeremy at msc.tamu.edu

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission
in error, please notify me by telephone or via return e-mail and delete
this e-mail from your system.