[Boulder.pm] Perl-based CMSes

Alex Viggio aviggio at bivio.biz
Sat Feb 11 17:02:23 PST 2006

Thanks for the snow Walter. My trees needed it.

If you haven't ruled them out, I'd consider starting with a simple wiki.
This might be the best place to start if your users/groups don't know
what they want or there is wide variance.

Consider the simplest Perl-based wiki that you can get away with to
avoid "wiki gone wild" syndrome. As content and workflows take shape,
decide if more functionality or structure is required.

In addition to the bOP ideas and plans Rob discusses below, we are also
adding basic wiki functionality (bWIKI?). A simple integration of bOP
bWiki and EasyForm might suffice where support for workflow is not
required.

The Free Software Foundation site uses Plone (Zope/Python). Not sure if
that is an endorsement or not...

- Alex