[Boulder.pm] Higher Order Perl book reading?

Jim Baker boulder-pm at jim-baker.com
Fri Mar 25 09:18:28 PST 2005

Rob Nagler wrote:

>Hi y'all,
>
>We just got our copy of Higher Order Perl (HOP) by Mark Jason Dominus.
>It might be nice to come together to discuss HOP.  It's a very nice
>book about some interesting topics.
>
>Now that we have an actual office, I've been thinking about hosting
>meetings(!) here.  If anybody is interested and/or alive, email this
>list so we can get an idea of this makes sense or not.

Sounds like a good idea. HOP and specifically MJD's presentation on it
at the first YAPC is what got me interested in Perl being viable for
serious software development, as opposed to just useful scripting. And
while I have since gone to the Python camp for my work-a-day life, HOP
is very applicable to Python too.

My only constraint is I will be out of the country starting Thursday for
a couple of weeks.

- Jim