[boulder.pm] emacs, vim, gardening and stuff

rise rise at knavery.net
Mon Jun 24 18:23:52 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Keanan Smith wrote:

> And XML is, I agree, *not* usefull for simple 'state-maintaining' and
> transmission of data structures to other perl programs.  Where XML is
> usefull is where it needs to communicate to something that *isn't* a perl
> program, anyone feel like writing Data::Dumper::XML? *grin* Oh wait, we just
> call that SOAP eh?

Actually it's called Data::DumpXML...

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Data-DumpXML

I think it does a pretty decent job - reasonably DWIMly, flexible
enough for what I've needed it for.  I don't think it'd be that great
for trying to output XML conforming to some twisted design by
committee Rorschach DTD, but it's been useful.  I've never tried
XML::Dumper but it's another option.

Jonathan Conway						      rise at knavery.net
history is paling & my surge protection failed, & so I FRIED
						- Concrete Blonde, "Fried"