[boulder.pm] Re: boulder.pm, short notice, social event?

rise rise at knavery.net
Tue Jan 29 13:22:06 CST 2002

On 29 Jan 2002, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> And I have email during the day, so just give me some directions
> and timing, and I'm *there*.  Thanks.

I'm going to be arbitrary and pick 6:30 since no-one has expressed an
opinion (except Walter's 5:00+N).  Holler if it hurts.

Directions & Info:
------------------

Ras Kassa's Ethiopian Restaurant
303-447-2919
2111 30th Street
Boulder, CO 80303-7304

The location (and Ras Kassa's) has been there long enough that your
mapping software should have no trouble.

Directions (with added redundancy):

Take Diagonal south to its intersection with Foothills Parkway.
Either [A] continue south on the raised portion (which now becomes
Foothills) or [B] exit onto what is still Diagonal..

[A] If you continue south exit at Pearl St. (second light) and turn
    right / west / towards the mountains.  The first stoplight after
    making the right onto Pearl is 30th, about a half block after
    crossing the train tracks.  Make a left here and [C] dodge into
    Ras Kassa's parking lot.

[B] If you exit at Foothills you're back on Diagonal.  At the bottom
    of the ramp make a right / head west / go towards the
    mountains. Make a left onto 30th street at the first stoplight.
    Continue south until you've passed Valmont.  The next light should
    be Pearl St. and it's time to [C] dodge into that parking lot.

[C] From Pearl south on 30th we have a bank entrance, an irrelevant
    footbridge on the righthand sidewalk and then the turn into the
    Parking lot for Ras Kassa's.  If you go too far the next parking
    lot does let you loop around to the back of the Ras Kassa's
    parking lot if you're on foot or in a rough-capable vehicle.  They
    may have improved that bit.

Big Map (Diagonal to Ras Kassa's):
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?map.x=235&map.y=272&mapdata=hP0urGiog%252bfpUCpgdxlWELlFeDSFaQhEjVDvhUZ07WbALTqX%252fKgTIUzrZhcESnxMQRG6amAwUY9kw%252bxG31YLXKxOoNxbGKVA4g1y700fl8ski%252f%252bRipzGuUwK%252fNO0ffVI4YfCevJ8xTBrtRz1fyZQBI0%252b5tEYi8HKjHqndg7%252fctt8EbD1PU7hwBnNNtSUxnwqoKqRjZX%252fuDAwXxRtFja6K7nbz%252baKQGXYE617YDaTANmNrtb0VAfvii2kFX11iRbu%252bp2nC%252bP7hFe%252bf7vvDXvRmw97ji3vQLaDPox3dgmWZxFhH6QYcvpkwTh%252besMND30grEYeL3NKKJgXDbp7Iv%252fi9Uww%252fmuEMx3J&click=center

Approximately 10 people have expressed interest so I'm going to ask
for that as a reservation.  RSVPs would be appreciated (the list
probably doesn't need them) because that number is garnered from who
replied on boulder.pm, not actual "I will be there" statements.  After
three you should call my cell at 720-771-1639[0], so last second
changes shouldn't be an issue.

[0] I'll even be polite to callers I don't recognize.

Jonathan Conway						      rise at knavery.net

Not only is there no accounting for taste, there is no accounting for what can
happen when entirely new tech meets bad taste.             [John P. Caplinger]