[boulder.pm] error handling

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Mon Feb 4 11:37:44 CST 2002

> Huh.  I don't call die, but rather the exeunt() function does an
> 'exit 0' when it's done all the notifying I want it to.  I hope that
> was "obvious" to everyone following along.

We seem to be talking apples and oranges.  We use mod_perl, where you
should never call exit.  I imagine this is just the opposite case with
CGI.

> There are SO many tools out there, and we don't all have the time
> to check out each one of them, regardless of good intentions.

It would seem to depend on what you're doing.  We have a policy of
never calling exit, even for command line utilities.  The only way to
exit cleanly is to return from the main subroutine.  This is very
specific to bOP.

I would think you would have to adhere to whatever policies your
framework requires.  Most frameworks I've seen define error handling
pretty clearly.

Sorry for the non-answer...

Rob