[boulder.pm] Would anyone like to help me?

Justin Simoni jsimoni at totalsite.com
Thu Feb 1 18:45:37 CST 2001

Hello everyone,

As you might know from the sparse posting that I do, I develop a lightweight
open source mailing list manager in Perl.  I've been developing it on a
commercial server, but I've gotten many many bug reports from people who run
it on a setup that is different from mine. This really makes me look bad,
since I go thorugh the program in its entirety and check everything as AOK,
and then someone tries to run it, and its a no go.

I was wondering (and it is a big favor to ask) if anyone has the time and
space (and trust plays in as well)  to allow me an account on a test server
of theirs. For the record, I have access to a FreeBSD 4.2 box, running
suExec and Qmail. If anyone has a Linux box, not running Suexec and running
sendmail, that would be awesome. I don't need any special permissions that
you wouldn't give to a regular web account (ie, there's nothing I need that
needs root to install)

It does need to be an account I can access using mi web browser + ftp, and a
telnet or ssh connection is always nice to have. I'm willing to pay a low
monthly charge, although I'm pretty strapped for cash as it is, or I'd just
go to Mikes Used Conputer Blowout Sale and pick up an old Pentium II box.

I know the Perl Mongers group allows access to their servers for people that
are a part of PM, but I don't know the details. For all I know, it might be
just for the Majordomo list stuff. I'm located right on 30th in Boulder.

If this is too much to ask, don't be shy to tell me, I would be a bit
apprehensive to allow someone on a private box myself. Like I said, I don't
mind paying a small monthly fee or do it for a favor, like Perl or Graphic
design work.

cheers,

Justin Simoni