[boulder.pm] Snowshoe outing/awful Perl book

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Nov 8 13:08:01 CST 2000

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Jonathan Conway wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Walter Pienciak wrote:
>
> > This weekend, Sunday works better for me.  Brainard/Sourdough sounds good.
>
> Ok. Do you want to meet at the snowshoe rental place?
> BTW, if anyone decides they want to go at the last minute my cell number
> is 303-664-1639 and I don't lose all signal until around Ward.

Yup.  Just let me know when and where.

> > But do tell us about that "awful Perl book" . . .
>
> That was the ObPerlReference that I then forgot to write...

[why the book sucks snipped]

Ouch.

> <rant type="personal peeve">
>    &emacs_rules;
> </rant>

Well . . . I'm a vi guy, and think *that's* pretty advanced.  My
"other" editor is "cat >filename".  (I do play with xemacs when
I'm in a GUI mood, but not enough to remember any of the
Meta-Ctrl-Alt bells-and-whistles keystroke chords.)

Walter