[boulder.pm] uh, about that hike . . .

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Mar 22 10:50:02 CST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, William Atkinson wrote:

> There were three of us on the hike, Walter, Joel, and me.  It was the first
> activity that I attended so I can't comment on the CU thing.  I'll probably
> start attending more of them though...

Chip pretty much summed up the hike.  We wandered up toward the Matron,
which was totally invisible in the low-hanging clouds.  It was a super-duper
hike and the weather was actually pretty nice.  High-quality snowflakes.

As for the CU thing, people wandered in and out -- 6 to 10 people showed
up, I think, but I wasn't counting.  The high point of the meeting came
late, maybe, when Jay Kominek led a Mach 4 overflight of his
IRCbot Perl code.  It looked like the kind of thing that could have
eaten up an hour, and it certainly looked like the kind of well-constructed
code that can teach good habits by examination or verbal disassembly, but
MAN! he was paging down faster than my eyes could focus.  Too much good
coffee, I guess.  Next time, I'll try to find his pedagogue switch and get it
turned on.

Walter