[boulder.pm] Fwd: great opportunity for perl developers @ active.com (fwd)

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Jun 14 15:19:01 CDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:17:14 -0600
From: Laura Price <Laura.Price at Active.com>
To: walter at frii.com
Subject: great opportunity for perl developers @ active.com

Hi Walter,
I'm sending this message to you as the contact person for the Boulder area
Perl Mongers group - if you would, please forward this job posting to any
and all perl developers you think would be interested in this opportunity.
(formal job description is below - if there is a different process for
getting great jobs posted on a perl mongers mailing list I apologize for the
intrusion, please let me know the proper channels.)
Active.com is the premier Internet site for participatory sports, providing
athletes, event directors, and league administrators a range of web-based
tools: event search and registration (with tens of thousands events online),
event management resources, league administration software, community
features, and e-commerce.
We're looking for you to help us evolve our template parsing engine, our
custom object caching layer, our home-grown meta-programming tools, or our
advanced database schema.  We're not a boring web company building online
shopping carts--we make powerful web-based software, and we do it with
advanced in-house tools.  We definitely have the most talented perl shop in
Colorado, if not the entire US.  Our guys took 2nd place in the perl quiz
bowl competition at Perl Whirl 2000 two weeks ago - second only to a team of
Lincoln Stein (who wrote CGI.pm) and his ilk.
We have a really fantastic environment in which to work--extremely bright
peers, a world-class architecture and technology base, very interesting
projects, casual culture, flex hours, good pay, great stock options, great
benefits, the whole nine yards. We've honestly built the best technology
team you're ever likely to find.

Check out our sites, at www.active.com <http://www.active.com> and
www.leaguelink.com <http://www.leaguelink.com>.  If you have any questions,
feel free to call or email me, send me a resume, etc...  I look forward to
hearing from you, laura.

Web Application Developer
This individual will be part of a team of peers responsible for building
Active.com's Internet applications. Given an assigned software module, this
person will be responsible for technical planning (data modeling,
architecture, organization, algorithms), coding, and testing. Must work well
collaboratively as well as individually.

Qualifications
·  	Demonstrated ability to design and develop web applications for a large
commercial web site
	given a set of functional or business requirements
·	Familiarity with OO design and methodology
· 	Solid OO Perl in web development, Apache + mod_perl knowledge preferred
·	Strong ability to learn new technologies on the fly a must
·	SQL knowledge and web-database integration a must
·	Familiarity with web-related markup languages
·	Familiarity with developing in a Unix environment
·	Any additional systems/network integration/administration experience a
plus
· 	Excellent communication and writing/documentation skills
*		Sports enthusiast a plus

Laura L. Price
HR Manager
Active.com