[boulder.pm] grabbing ()

Eric Shore Baur baur at frii.com
Mon Jan 31 13:57:49 CST 2000

	I'm working on a project where I'm looking through PS files for
attendace data (at my high school)... and I'm basically just looking at
anything in () by doing:

@keep = map { /\((.*)\)/ } @lines;

	For the most part, this pulls out everything that would be on
the printed page (and some extra stuff that I can just ignore).  The
problem I've run into (at least in part) is lines that contained () to
start with.  A line that looks, when printed, like this:

*** Period 4: IMP MATH 1A (22)

becomes:

*** Period 4: IMP MATH 1A \(22\)

	Do I have to look back through the whole array to fix that, or can
I do it in the same line with the map?  (or, is there a better way than
map to do this?)

Thanks for any ideas,
Eric