[boulder.pm] Re: Heavy Perl Sr Sw Eng needed (fwd)

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Thu Aug 17 13:13:27 CDT 2000

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:02:27 -0600
From: John Affleck <John.Affleck at xilinx.com>
To: Walter Pienciak <walter at frii.com>
Subject: Re: Heavy Perl Sr Sw Eng needed

I am also sorry for the delay in responding.
I have cut and pasted the ad below, I,m sorry I am uncertain how to do the
ASCII text. And I have attached a text file. [which was a duplicate, and
I deleted -- Walter]

Sr. Software Engineer-Cutting Edge Perl-1476
Imagine an environment in which your contribution is valued, your work has
impact, and you are respected because of the unique perspective you bring.
Imagine teams working on leading edge technology or groups partnering to
create solutions to complex customer problems. In our dynamic, values-based
culture, this future can be yours now at Xilinx.

Job Responsibilities: Develop and maintain a large software test automation
infrastructure using Object Oriented Perl. Develop new software tools and
enhance existing tools to analyze various software technologies like
Components and other client/server paradigms. Prior experience in
architecting large software systems in perl with hundreds of classes is a
requirement.

The candidate should be self-motivated and proactive in identifying areas of
process improvement. Participate, provide ideas, critically analyze and
identify new ways to continually improve the test development and execution
process.  Understanding of creating software systems using perl for both
centralized and decentralized development environments will be essential.
Assuring efficiency, testability and usability and finding the right balance
between them is critical for this position.

The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of CAE tools development
and the type of verification required for it.

Job Requirements: 5-7 years of experience in Perl Programming essential. At
least 3+ years of Perl5 and Object Oriented Perl experience.

Should be comfortable working on both UNIX and WinNT environments.
Experience in using ORACLE database/SQL with the DBI/DBD modules is
required. Experience with System and Network programming in perl is
required. Some experience in using Java is required since Java/Perl
interfaces needs to be built for new generation infrastructure libraries.

Good communication and negotiation skills are a must since this job requires
interacting with different groups on a daily basis.

Software development exposure to Corba, Enterprise Java Beans, Microsoft
COM/DCOM, and MFC desired.

Xilinx rewards talent and excellence with exceptional compensation and
benefits packages, including, but not limited to, stock options, bonus
programs, life balance resources, casual business attire and deep discounts
on everything from health club memberships to PC’s. Visit our website:
http://www.xilinx.com and respond to: john.affleck at xilinx.com or fax to: 303
442 5211. Very important: for consideration, please include the “reg #” in
the subject line. EOE.

--
John F. Affleck
HR Strategic Staffing