[boulder.pm] print/exit on error?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Thu Aug 17 10:07:20 CDT 2000

  Every now and then some of the guys around here bring me scripts to look
at.  Currently I have one that reads through about 250 files with about
100k lines apiece.  Somewhere int he middle, they're getting an error on
a substr operation, line is too short.

  What is the cleanest way to make a perl script do something along the line
or print out a variable (the file it's currently reading), $_, and then
exit when it gets such an error?  I could check $? or such for error
condition and then exit, but is that the best way?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: