[boulder.pm] extracting images from a PDF file?

Dan Moore moore at xor.com
Thu Aug 3 12:38:09 CDT 2000

I've not tried this, but you may want to look at the Text-PDF module.  In
the readme.txt, it refers to a small example script thusly:

pdfgetobj   Extracts a particular object from a PDF file (debugging aid)

This script has the following help message:
    PDFGETOBJ [-g gen] -n num [-o outfile] pdffile
    Gets the given object from the pdf file and unpacks it to either
    stdout or outfile.

    -g gen      Generation number [0]
    -n num      Object number
    -o outfile  Output file

Hope this helps.
Dan

--
Dan Moore
Programmer

"No amount of sophistication is going to allay the fact that all your
knowledge is about the past and all your decisions are about the future."
-- Ian E. Wilson