[boulder.pm] see you in 2 weeks!

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Fri Apr 14 16:51:01 CDT 2000

Hi,

It's been a pretty quiet list for a few weeks; I know I've been
busy getting ready for 2 weeks off.  Plus a programmer did a
Really Stupid Thing that led to much Fear, Consternation, and
Scrambling, a Hard Talking-To, a Cleanup, and of course Reports
To Senior Management.

Always check your return values.

I'm gone for the next 2 weeks, so I'll see you all then.

This will be a non-computing vacation:  no e-mail, no technical
books, and my family has invoked our TWSNBM rule (That Which Shall
Not Be Mentioned).  Anything related to computers or network
technology is strictly verboten.  AOL commercials cause the channel
on the hotel TV to be switched.  I can't read the newspaper.
(I'm not sure about all my freebie e-whatever T shirts -- I'll have
to ask before I pack.)

The last time they did this, we had 2 weeks in Florida, walking on
the beach and looking for shells.  By the time I got back to work,
it took me a few minutes to remember how to log in, and a few hours
to get all the Unix stuff in my head back on-line.  It was my best
vacation ever.

Well, TTFN.

Walter