question on recruiters and list/group policy

Jim Mills millsj at euclid.Colorado.EDU
Fri Oct 8 13:19:05 CDT 1999

If they're buying, not selling, then its got my vote (however, it probably
should be only 10 minutes max, otherwise its a job recruiting mtg, not a
Perl mtg).

... Jim

At 12:00 PM 10/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question in hand about our policies on tech recruiters:
>
>Is it okay for them to come to meetings and talk about openings?
>Is it okay for them to post job openings on this list?
>Is it okay for them to "sponsor in some way"?
>
>This is a topic that definitely did not come up at the first meeting,
>so how 'bout it?  Recruiters -- love 'em or hate 'em?  parasite or
>symbiote; hero or devil-spawn?  List policy?
>
>Everyone has a stake in this, so please kick in an opinion.
>
>Walter

Jim Mills
Office Manager
Mathematics Department