miscellaneous ramblings

Boy Mozart bmozart at frii.com
Thu Dec 30 00:05:31 CST 1999

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's been quiet on the list.  Personally, my group has had to deal
> with a catastrophic hardware failure on a high-profile system.
> 7 AM to 1 AM  workdays don't leave me in a mood to be chatty.  But
> Things Are Better Now.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.  I haven't had to deal with
any coding for over a week.  I'm currently sitting in New Zealand
looking across Whangateau Bay waiting for the world to end.

I'd like to see the new world re-done in Perl:

if ($day eq '1') { SYSTEM('light.exe'); }

etc.  Did God have to de-bug the universe, or is this the beta release?

> Happy Holidays and all that,
> Walter

I know how to respond to that.  Best wishes to everyone, and a happy and
fruitful New Year.

-BM.
it is SYSTEM, isn't it? vacation has been too long....