Schwern's talk - what time is it at?

Nick Johnston sky at erupt.com
Sun Mar 9 16:40:36 CST 2003

Stray Toaster wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 08:31:06PM +0000, Nick Johnston wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I just realised that I don't know what time Schwern's talk is at.
>>
>>I can't seem to find anything on the web site about times of meetings.
>>
>>Can someone let me know please?
>>

>7pm at Jelly.

Great.

>I can't remember exactly where Jelly is, not being from the City, but I
>have heard mention it is beside the Queens' Festival Building. College
>Gardens comes to mind. I get there off the Lisburn Road.

Thanks - I'm not from the city either. I've looked at a map though so I
vaguely know where it is.

>I will ask Russell tomorrow for better directions.
>
>You will like Schwern, he is funny.

Fully agreed - I loved his talks on "strict and bondage" at YAPC::Europe
2001 (claiming we sounded like a "bunch of weenie PHP programmers"!),
and well, I don't think I need to say anything about the arm wrestling
or selling his trousers at YAPC::Europe 2002 :-)

- Nick