YAPC::Europe::2004, Belfast

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Mon Jul 28 10:09:45 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:00:56PM +0100, Karen Pauley wrote:
> I would be happy enough organising meetings that involve speakers if
> someone else wants to organise the social events?

Did someone say pissup in a brewery? I'd be interested in having one
technical and one social meeting per month, and I will organise the
social meetings (if people want that). Maybe alternating between cafés
and bars would be useful too. Or restaurants. Or bowling alleys. You get
the idea.

> After this years round of conferences I have some ideas as to who I
> would like to get to speak in Belfast this year.  I think it would be
> good if we could get one of the London guys over to talk about Parrot
> and Ponie (probably Leon or Arthur - although Arthur did keep going on
> about how it was a war-zone over here...)

Arthur is mislead (although North Belfast still has lots of troops
roaming around). It'd be nice to get some more people over though.

> I would also like to try and bring over some of the other European
> speakers.

Is there a European version of YAS, or some organisation that might
sponsor such events?
--
Russell Matbouli       |
russell at futureless.org |       Madam, what a handsome moustashe you wear!