Boggle results summary

Marty Pauley marty+belfast-pm at kasei.com
Fri Feb 7 07:07:02 CST 2003

On Fri Feb  7 11:39:32 2003, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:12:41AM +0000, Jasper McCrea wrote:
> > Marty Pauley wrote:
> > > Well, the boggle competition wasn't too difficult to judge.
> > >
> > > Jasper was the only person to submit a correct entry, so he is the
> > > winner.
> > >
> > > More details tomorrow.
> >
> > Hooray!!!
> >
> > YOU ALL SUCK!!!
> >
> > BOW DOWN BEFORE THE MIGHT OF JASPER!!
> >
> > (out of how many entries, marty?)
>
> Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I forgot about words that end in q.  Using /q[^u]/i
> instead of /q[^u]|q$/i.

You should use /q(?!u)/i instead.

But that wasn't your problem: there were no words ending in q that could
be made from the test data.

I will post the test data later.  Your first entry was averagly bad at
finding words.  Your second entry was much more puzzling: it found all
but 1 word in each test.  I would be interested in why this happened,
but I haven't looked.

An additional problem was that one of your entries used Data::Denter but
didn't actually need to; and Data::Denter wasn't installed.

--
Marty